- Pick a theme (i.e. family, friendship, love) and create a mixed CD of at least 10 songs that explore this theme.
- Visit a music store and write an essay about what you saw and learned during your visit.
- Present an oral report about a concert you attended.
- Interview a professional musician and present it in class using audio or video format.
- Read a book about a musician or composer and make a book report.
- Watch a TV show about music or musicians and make an oral report.
- Watch a movie about music or the life of a composer or musician and make a film review.
- Create a musical instrument using recycled materials.
- Choose a career in music you're interested in; share more information about it and the reasons why you chose it.
- Choose a musical instrument you're interested in; share more information about it and the reasons why you chose it.
- Bring an item from home that is related to music (i.e. old music albums, old concert programs, old newspaper clippings of music-related events) and share its historical and personal significance.
- Create a video with music and pictures of a musician or composer you admire.
- Music and History
- Music and Language Arts/Phonics/Reading
- Music and Math
- Musical Instruments
- Music Theoy
- Seasons and Holidays
- Music Education Calendar - January
- "We Didn't Start the Fire" - Musical Facts
Music Method Primer
Do you want to suggest a project, lesson plan or links to music-related resources? Email it to email@example.com.