The cello has its own special way of playing position. Here are some guidelines to properly hold a cello:
Time Required: 5 minutes
- First of all, sit up straight on your chair with your feet on the floor.
- Place the cello between your knees.
- The back of the cello should be lightly resting on the center of your chest, the neck of the cello should be about an inch over your shoulder.
- The peg for the C string should be near your left ear.
- You can adjust the endpin in relation to your height or the height of your seat so that you'll be comfortable while playing.
- You can either sit at the edge of your chair or sit way in so that your back is supported. Remember to lengthen your endpin if you're more comfortable playing with your back supported by the chair.