The Bottom Line
- Lessons are well-paced.
- Big-note arrangements.
- Good selection of music pieces.
- Has review questions and quizzes.
- Some music pieces have chords and tabs.
- Does not have an accompanying CD.
- Most music teachers advice against labeling the notes.
- Published by Hal Leonard.
- Has 160 pages.
- Comes with A-B-C stickers you can reuse to label your keyboard.
Guide Review - Product Review - Easy Adult Piano Beginner's Course
What I like about this book is that it has review questions and quizzes in between lessons. Aside from teaching how to read notes, the book also touches upon chord accompaniment. The book contains a chord chart and a glossary of music terms as well.
What makes this book different however is that towards the end, it contains two different arrangements of a particular song. They call it the Easy Beginner and the Easy Pro. In the Easy Beginner, the music pieces contain chords, tabs and the notes are indicated with their respective letter names. On the Easy Pro, the music pieces are a little harder, it has chord notation and not all the notes are indicated with letters. The music pieces increase in difficulty with a beautiful arrangement of "Skater's Waltz" at the end.