The Bottom Line
- Instructional, presented in a story format
- Colorful and engaging
- Good selection of music
- Cute illustrations and images
- Developed by Cristofori Baby Company LLC.
- DVD format, Running time: 32 minutes
- Awards received include Dr. Toy (100 Best Children's Products of 2005) and iParenting Media (100 Greatest Products of 2005).
- Other awards: The National Parenting Center (Holiday Seal of Approval, 2005) and the Aegis Video and Production Award 2005.
- Instruction presented in short increments
- A fun way to introduce kids to musical concepts.
- Introduces notes on the treble clef, rhythm, harmony and musical instruments.
- Comes with teaching tips, supplemental products and materials available at their website.
- Recommended for children ages 1 to 4 years old, but older kids will also enjoy watching it.
- Price: $19.95
Guide Review - Introducing Trebellina Music-Teaching DVD
Instruction is broken into short increments, which is suitable to the attention span of young kids. In between breaks they will have fun listening and singing along to children's tunes while looking at cute illustrations and images of toys. Young kids are also featured on the DVD which makes it more motivating.
Introducing Trebellina includes introduction on rests, rhythm and harmony. This is a DVD young kids will enjoy but older kids will have fun watching it as well. In fact, my 7-year old was motivated to practice her guitar after watching it. When asked if she liked the movie, she replied, "Yes, can we watch it again?".
It would be great though to have other products in this series already available so that kids can learn other musical concepts. But overall, Introducing Trebellina is a product teachers and parents of young children should have in their video library.