- Camelot - Played the role of Queen Guinevere, nominated for a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical.
- Putting It Together
- Victor/Victoria - Broadway adaptation of the film, won her a Tony Award for Best Actress.
- "Mary Poppins" - Based on a children's book, produced by Walt Disney
- "The Americanization of Emily" - Co-starring James Garner
- "The Sound of Music" - Remains one of her greatest works, won an Oscar for Best Picture and received an Oscar nomination for Best Actress.
- Alfred Hitchcock's "Torn Curtain"
- "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
- "Darling Lili"
- "The Tamarind Seed"
- "That's Life"
- "The Man Who Loved Women"
- "Victor/Victoria" - A well-received film about gender confusion.
- "The Princess Diaries"
- "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement"
- "Shrek 2 and 3" - As the voice of of Queen Lillian
- In 1964 she received an Oscar for Best Actress for the movie "Mary Poppins."
- From 1972-73, she hosted her own show on CBS.
- She also wrote a number of children's books, some of them are collaborations with her daughter Emma. Among these books are: "Dragon," "Dumpy and the Firefighters," "The Great American Mousical," "The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles," "Mandy" and "Simeon's Gift."
- In 1989, she received a Tribute award by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
- She is the Goodwill Ambassador for the U.N.'s Developmental Fund for Women since 1992.
- In 2000, she was made a "Dame" by Queen Elizabeth II of England.
- In 2007, she received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Screen Actors Guild.
- She has released a book:" Home: A Memoir of My Early Years" in March 2008. Her book was a National Best Books 2008 Awards Winner.
Julie Andrews married Tony Walton in 1959, they have a daughter named Emma. The two divorced in 1967 but remained friends. In 1969, Julie married director Blake Edwards.
An operation to remove ovules in her vocal chords damaged her larynx prompting her to retire from singing. It was later determined that the surgery was done incorrectly and Julie received a huge settlement because of this.