The Bottom Line
- 19 engaging songs
- Songs written in various styles
- Liner notes contains lyrics, illustrations, instructions and activities
- Promotes movement and learning
- Uses music to stimulate the brain
- Contains 19 songs
- Music by Don and Laurie Monopoli
- Lyrics by Dr. Becky Bailey, Don and Laurie Monopoli
- Running time: 53 min. 54 sec.
- Distributed by The Learning Station
- Recommended for Preschoolers and up, parents and educators
- Price: $15.00
- Awards: Creative Child Magazine CD of the Year, Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products & 10 Best Audio-Video Category
- Other Awards: Early Childhood NEWS, Directors' Choice, Children's Music Web Finalist
- For more information, visit their Web site
Guide Review - Product Review of Brain Boogie Boosters by The Learning Station
Brain Boogie Boosters contains songs that will entice young listeners to get up and move. The great thing about this CD is that while children are having fun acting out the words, singing along and/or dancing to the music, they are also learning.
Each song was carefully written to help improve memory and impulse control, instill appreciation, inspire empathy and target other factors that are important to a child's emotional and mental development.
For example, the song "Boogie Rock" encourages kids to shake off the blues and dance, while the touching song "You Are Heart" reminds kids about the importance of kindness. Other songs like "Greetings," "Friends Connect" and "Team of Two" helps develop social skills. The CD ends with the soothing voice of Dr. Bailey as she instructs listeners to be "Safe and Calm."
The music was composed by Don and Laurie Monopoli; they also collaborated with Dr. Bailey for the lyrics. Background vocals was provided by the USA Kids Singers.
This CD will be a nice addition to a preschool teacher's music library. Some of the songs may be used for stretching or warm-up exercises; other songs may be used during circle time or transition.