- The American Folklife Center - Further your training in folklife and ethnomusicology as you volunteer in the Archive of Folk Culture.
- Library of Congress (Preservation) - There are several volunteer opportunities here such as Paper Conservation, Book Conservation and Photograph Conservation.
- Smithsonian - Offers several volunteer programs that are either behind the scenes or more people-oriented. They also have volunteer positions for teachers to conduct museum tours, demonstrations, etc. Also, see their seasonal programs for the Smithsonian Folklife Festival.
- Do Something - This website shares some wonderful ideas on how we can continue to support the arts in our community as well as other volunteer opportunities in different fields.
- Volunteer Match - Helps connect you to volunteer programs in your area based on your interest.
If you know how to play an instrument, you can give back to your community by sharing your talent. Try calling daycare and senior centers, hospitals, churches, schools, TV and radio stations, community theaters or recreation facilities in your area and ask how you can help.
Know of other related programs? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org